Global bakery products maker and ingredient marketer unveils new consumer trends report and patent-pending non-stick donut icing
JACKSON, Mich., September 17, 2022 /PRNewswire/ — Dawn Foods, a global bakery products manufacturer and ingredient marketer, today unveiled its new Global Baking Trends Report and announced its latest product innovation, Dawn Exceptional Pak Perfect™ Non- Sticky Glaze at the International Baking Industry Exposition (IBIE).
“Our new Global Trends Report and Donut Glaze are the latest examples of Dawn’s commitment to providing cutting-edge information, high-quality products and innovative solutions to our customers,” said Carrie Jones Barber, CEO of Dawn Foods. “These offerings allow us to better understand the wants and needs of consumers and improve the efficiency of our customers. Dawn continues to inspire new ideas and new thinking to help bakeries succeed every day, and we look forward to demonstrating our industry leadership at IBIE.
What’s Trending: Trends and insights impacting the bakery landscape
Over the past three years, Dawn Foods’ Global Market Research & Insights teams have researched the most significant shifts in consumer behavior, including conducting global research to create one-of-a-kind proprietary research. The team surveyed over 3,000 consumers and visited hundreds of bakeries, grocery stores and food service establishments around the world to see how these trends come to life.
Dawn’s 2023 global trends include:
- Technological transformation: Technology has forever changed the consumer food experience, transforming the way we choose, receive and consume food, whether through touchscreen ordering or virtual sharing of food experiences. This trend will only accelerate in the years to come – 57% of global consumers* plan to order more food online in 2023 than before.
- Discover Exploration: Consumers are looking for foods that not only enhance their nostalgic memories, but incorporate fresh and new flavor experiences from other cultures. For example, while 56% of global consumers* tried American baked goods — like chocolate chip cookies and apple pie — 30% of consumers* actively plan to try traditional African baked goods.
- Daily delights: Linked to the growing importance of mental well-being, consumers are finding ways to bring moments of joy into their daily routine with smaller-sized, high-quality sweet treats. This trend will continue in the years to come – 77% of global consumers* will continue to eat sweet baked goods regularly in the future.
- Mindfulness Matters: Conscious of the impact of their choices on their personal health, their community and their planet, consumers seek authenticity and want to have a positive impact on the world. When it comes to the environment, 71% of global consumers* are willing to pay extra for sustainably produced sweet baked goods.
Innovative Pak Perfect Non-Stick Donut Glaze offers a breakthrough solution for bakers
Featured at Dawn Foods’ IBIE booth #1601, the patent-pending glaze technology allows yeast-wrapped donuts to stay non-sticky for up to five days.
“Dawn’s latest donut innovation offers grocers and manufacturers a solution that allows yeast donuts to look great while staying fresh longer,” said Roja Ergun, R&D Director Wet Ingredients, Dawn Foods North America. “Our new donut icing stays intact, non-sticky and dramatically reduces waste and meets the labor needs of bakeries.”
Consumer feedback has also been positive: through Dawn Sensory Testing, 66% of consumers** indicated that they preferred Perfect yeast donuts over traditional glazed donuts.
Dawn executives and experts take the stage at IBIE
At IBIE, Dawn executives and team members will also participate in several panels, events and training sessions throughout the show, including:
- Sarah Hickey, Senior Director of Knowledge and Market Research: Fresh out of the oven: Dawn’s latest trends and ideas impacting the baking landscape. (Saturday September 17 – 1:30-2:30 p.m. PST and Tuesday, September 20 – 9:45 a.m. to 10:45 a.m. PST).
- Alexis GilbertSenior Director, Global Brand and Communications: Breaking through the digital noise – Strategies, tactics and tools to get your bakery noticed online. (Saturday September 17 – 2:45-3:45 PM PST and Sunday September 18 – 9:45 a.m. to 10:45 a.m. PST)
- Paul CaskeVice President, National technical sales and Randy McArthurTechnical sales representative: Tips and tricks for greater efficiency in your bakery. (Sunday September 18 – 8:30 a.m. to 9:30 a.m. PST)
- Felisa StockwellVice President, Global People and Culture: How to start building your diversity initiative: best practices from industry peers. (Monday, September 19 – 11am – noon PST)
- Dawn Foods, alongside the Society of Bakery Women, will host ‘Donuts at dawn‘, a networking event for women on Tuesday, September 20of 9am-9:45am PST at the Dawn Foods booth #1601, with Carrie Jones BarberCEO of Dawn Foods speaking.
To learn more about Dawn’s four new global trends, or to learn more about Dawn’s Donut Glaze Innovation, stop by Dawn Foods’ IBIE booth #1601 or visit DawnFoods.com/Trends.
*Source: Dawn Foods 2023 Global Trends Study
**Source: Dawn Sensory Testing, 2021. Consumers rated Dawn Exceptional® PerfectMT Donut Glaze and Dawn
Exceptional® medium-thick donut frosting after 48 hours in a shell. N=101
About Dawn Food Products, Inc.
Dawn Foods is a world leader in the manufacture of bakery products and the distribution of ingredients. For over 100 years, Dawn has been the partner of choice to inspire everyday baking success and is committed to delighting customers around the world with partnership, ideas, innovations, baked goods and expertise. that enable them to achieve their aspirations. Based at Jackson, Mich., Dawn Foods has over 4,000 team members worldwide and provides high quality baked goods to over 50,000 customers located in over 100 countries. For more information about the company, its products and its culture, please visit www.dawnfoods.com.
SOURCE Dawn Food Products, Inc.