DUBLIN – (COMMERCIAL THREAD) – The “Asia-Pacific Consumer Electronics Plastics Market Size, Share and Trend Analysis Report by Product (Polycarbonate, Liquid Crystal Polymers, Polycarbonate / Acrylonitrile Butadiene Styrene), by end use, by country and segment forecast, 2021-2028 “report has been added to ResearchAndMarkets.com offer.
The Asia-Pacific plastics market size in consumer electronics is expected to reach USD 5.3 billion by 2028 and is expected to grow at a CAGR of 4.0%.
Plastic resins such as polycarbonate (PC) and a mixture of polycarbonate and acrylonitrile butadiene styrene (PC / ABS) are used in the manufacture of cases for mobile phones and laptops due to their high impact resistance, lightness and their properties of high thermal conductivity.
The globalization of the manufacturing sector has prompted many electronics manufacturing companies to expand their manufacturing facilities or outsource their production to subcontractors based in other Asia-Pacific countries. This has pushed manufacturers to overcome manufacturing and supply chain challenges. Factors such as the low cost of production and lenient government regulations in Asia-Pacific countries have been beneficial for major electronics brands.
The COVID-19 pandemic in 2020 disrupted the electronics supply chain as Chinese facilities were forced to shut down. This has prompted manufacturers of electronic devices to diversify their production facilities. Additionally, many China-based and international brands have moved their assembly operations to India and Vietnam, where production costs are considerably lower than in China. In 2016, China’s labor costs accelerated due to the dependence of large electronics companies on China.
The dependence of electronics manufacturers in developed economies such as Europe and North America on Asia-Pacific countries for electronic production, coupled with the growing demand for electronic devices around the world , is expected to boost the demand for plastics in consumer electronics during the forecast period.
Cell phone manufacturers in the Asia-Pacific region including LG Electronics, SAMSUNG, OnePlus and others are offering technologically advanced cell phones to meet the growing demand of the growing population. This has prompted manufacturers to provide durable devices with a longer lifespan. This trend is expected to be followed throughout the forecast period, propelling the demand for polycarbonate among mobile phone manufacturers in the region.
Strategic partnerships, capacity expansions and new product development are popular strategies adopted by the majority of players operating in the consumer electronics plastics market in the region.
For example, in January 2021, Celanese Corporation announced the establishment of a liquid crystal polymer polymerization plant in China to manufacture around 20 tons of LCP per year to meet growing demand. The first phase of the plant is expected to be completed in 2024.
Highlights of the Asia-Pacific Plastics in Consumer Electronics Market report
- In terms of revenue, the polyamide segment accounted for a significant share of the market in 2020 and furthermore is expected to experience significant growth during the forecast period.
- The end-use segment of laptop monitor cases dominated the market and accounted for over 22.0% of the revenue share in 2020.
- In 2020, China accounted for more than 49.0% revenue share in the overall market. The growth is mainly due to the fact that China is one of the world’s major markets for consumer electronics.
- Polyplastics Co., Ltd and Teijin Limited are emerging players in the Asia-Pacific consumer electronics market. The company supplies its products in sectors such as automotive, electronics, household appliances, medical, health and beauty, etc.
Market variables, trends and scope
Industry value chain analysis
- Commodity trends
- Bisphenol A (Polycarbonate)
- Price Trend Analysis, Bisphenol A (USD / kG)
- Isosorbide (Biobased Polycarbonate)
- Ethylene glycol (liquid crystal polymers)
- Styrene (acrylonitrile butadiene styrene [ABS])
- Polyol and diisocyanate (thermoplastic polyurethane (TPU) and recycled TPU)
- Caprolactum (Polyamide, PA4T, PA9T)
- Injection molding
Analysis of weighted average selling price trends (Asia – Pacific), by resin, 2017 – 2028 (USD / Kg)
- Price trend analysis in the range (Asia – Pacific), by resins, 2017 – 2028 (USD / Kg)
- Quarterly analysis of average selling price trends (Asia – Pacific), by resin, 2017 – 2028 (USD / Kg)
- Polycarbonate Price Analysis, by Manufacturers, 2020 and 2021 (USD / kg)
- Polycarbonate / Acrylonitrile Butadiene Styrene Glass Filled Resin Price Analysis, by Manufacturers, 2020 and 2021 (USD / kg)
- Standards and conformities
- Product classification codes
- Raw materials
- Finished products
Market Driver Analysis
- Increased exports of portable electronic devices
- Growing adoption of bio-based polycarbonate in consumer electronics
Analysis of market restrictions
- Strict regulations for single-use plastics
Business Environment Analysis: Asia-Pacific Consumer Electronics Plastics Market
- Porter’s Five Forces Analysis
- PESTEL analysis
- Trinseo SA
- Covestro SA
- KURARAY CO., LTD.
- Polyplastics Co., Ltd.
- Mitsubishi Chemical Corporation
- Celanese Company
- TORAY INTERNATIONAL, INC.
- TEIJIN LIMITED
- Sumitomo Chemical Co., Ltd.
For more information on this report, visit https://www.researchandmarkets.com/r/gr5k3c